This is an ideal position for someone who enjoys the rhythm of iterative, test-driven development cycles and the rewards that come with delivering technology that has instant impact on a growing business supporting many great causes. As a senior engineer, you will:
- Build and maintain critical features and functionality
- Mentor other engineers, providing code and process leadership
- Drive the architecture of the system, and help others make decisions appropriate to a rapidly-growing web presence
- Set a high bar for code quality, and help ensure those standards are met
- Play a key role in technology decisions for the future of our platform
- Work closely with other teams and disciplines to come up with simple, elegant solutions that balances everyone’s needs
- Experienced as a full stack engineer, equally comfortable working on greenfield features and refactoring legacy code.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in web systems design, including management of interfaces and balancing robust with simple.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails or an equivalent framework. Know how to work with the framework to accomplish business needs and build robust features.
- Commitment to test driven development and demonstrated examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects.
- An appreciation of object oriented design principles and the ability to pragmatically apply them to your work.
- Experience working with a distributed team, particularly across time zones, a big plus.
If you are reading this and ready to work hard on something that you have real ownership over, that actively helps numerous people promote and support their causes--we want to talk with you.