The successful candidate will be responsible for independently providing international and local compliance advice, guidance, and training to the groups various business operations. Initially the successful candidate will support the operations in Malaysia but later may include regional and internationalmarkets as the business direction dictates.
The candidate will have oversight of the Company's Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics, including, but not limited to, the following subject-matter areas:real estate, construction, loan / sukuk financing, leasing, employment law, financial integrity, data privacy, international trade, gifts/hospitality, and charitable and political activities.
The successful candidate will also oversee and perform legal due diligence with regards to all acquisitions and asset enhancement initiatives. This position will also involve the oversight of internal risk management and management of outside counsel.
Knowledge of and experience working with Bursa Malaysia, The Securities Commission, Valuers, real estate transactions, property development and the construction industry would be a distinct advantage. Sound legal experience and a practical solutions oriented approach are required. The position also requires strong presentation skills and a team player with the ability to interact effectively and cooperatively at all levels in the organization, including with clients, lawyers (in-house and in private practice), staff, and other professionals.
1. Law degree and authorization to work in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. Minimum of 5 years related experience.
3. A member of the Malaysian Bar Council and a Member of MAICSA would be an added advantage.
4. Knowledge of and experience of the equity and debt capital markets in Malaysia.
5. Fluency in spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
• Multi-lingual candidates will receive an enhanced consideration.
• Prior experience in the capital markets, real estate and banking area.
• Experience with business transactions.
• Experience working for a public listed company or having represented public listed companies.
• Experience as an In-house legal counsel for public listed property company.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 10th March 2017
We are a Real Estate Fund, looking for the right person to join our team of dynamic, innovative and growth oriented professionals. We aim to attract and retain the best talent by investing in our team members and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers.
We are seeking an experienced legal counsel who will be responsible for advising the company on complex legal issues related to its business activities, compliance with regulatory bodies' rules and regulations and will act as a company secretary and advisor with respect to legal matters in one or more substantive areas of law.
The candidate will need to interpret the intent of laws and judicial decisions, and apply them to specific circumstances as applicable to company's business. The candidate will lead the communications with potential acquisitions, customers, the regulators and internal clients of the company and manage outside counsel. The candidate will also lead the advocacy of ethics and professional conduct for across the company.